Monday, June 20, 2011

Serene spaces..

Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha said, "However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?"

On the same note, when I read about Colours Dekor's Buddha Scapes, as a Buddha lover (who does not like that peaceful, serene, calm man), 'I had to act on upon it' :-). So I thought I will post few Buddha elements present in my home.

Reflective
(The pic is in fact a mirror reflection..)
In the background is an acrylic painting that I made
I felt the sunshine (sort of thing) is adding to the frame :-)

Imparting blessings..
Awakened one..Buddha..
Buddha on a carved globe 
Tara, the female Buddha as per Vajrayana Buddhism
Oṃ tāre tuttāre ture svāhā
I am leaving you with this beautiful chant, it is amazingly soothing. When I had been to Kathmandu, all you listen to everywhere is this chant, all shops, vendors, temples play this. I was transfixed by this mantra, though I did not know anything about 'Om mani padme hum' then. I came back and researched a lot in Google to find what it is all about. Let this Tibetan Buddhism mantra help you relax and enjoy your day..



Linking it to:
Buddha Scapes @ Colours Dekor
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Show and Tell Fridays @ My Romantic Home

20 comments:

  1. absolutely serene rema...the way you placed Buddha near my fav moneyplant is superb...love the ethnic female Buddha statue which is something special and rare too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice composition with the Buddha and your pictures. It is very peaceful. Thanks for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serene spaces - what an apt title... All the spaces that you have shown here look serene....
    Have never heard about the female buddha ... Lovely !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sherry.. My pleasure.. :)
    Thank you Emreen.. :-) Tara is from Tibetan Buddhism, that is why we don't know much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh.. what a gorgeous post... You must share pictures of your home... and do a home tour on Colours Dekor... :-)

    I totally loved seeing all the images.. *sigh*... :-) Thank you for linking in..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Patty :-) Will surely do one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blog! Love the serene space. Awesome post on Buddha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sanghamitra :) Thanks for dropping by TCM

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice photography...lovely knick knacks you have.painting is lovely too...
    Nayana
    @CherishDreamLove

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nayana.. Thank you for all those lovely words :) and for dropping by too :) Pls visit again..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rema,

    I have passed on a few blog awards to you . Kindly accept the same and pass it on to other blogger friends.

    Please see the rules and details about awards in the post :
    http://liventhingsup.blogspot.com/2011/07/have-great-week-ahead.html

    Kindly ignore this mail if yours is an award-free blog .

    Regards,
    Emreen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Emreen.. that is very sweet of you.. :) I am passing it on..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rema, your serene corner is absolutely beautiful and so calming! your painting is a very nice backdrop too.
    Somehow I missed commenting on this earlier...once again, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Neha, Thank you so much :) You are embarrassing me by talking about that painting :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for dropping by and all the nice words :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. very low quality art of work is seen and the varitey in working is not shown as the work to be done which show the most probable chance of making the work worthy.
    Mamta Bajaj
    Interior Designer
    http://www.futomicdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...